CHAPTER 1 : Hospital-its organization and functions
1. Describe hospital organization with the help of a chart?
2. Classify hospitals using different criteria and mention their functions?
3. Define the functions and objectives of a modern hospital?
4. Classify various types of hospitals with suitable examples?
5. Describe the supportive services in a hospital?
6. Describe the Role and responsibilities of the supportive services in a hospital?
7. What are the primary and secondary care hospitals?
8. Define hospital?
9. What is a tertiary care hospital?
10. List out the supporting services required in a hospital?
11. What is a primary care hospital?
CHAPTER 2 : Hospital pharmacy –Organization and management
1. Describe the organizational chart of hospital pharmacy?
2. Describe the location, layout and infrastructure of a hospital pharmacy?
3. Describe the scope and responsibilities of a hospital pharmacist?
4. What are the Roles and responsibilities of hospital pharmacist in the various areas of a hospital
5. What are the functions and objectives of hospital pharmacy?
6. Write the procedure for material management in a hospital pharmacy?
7. What are the administrative and professional equipments used for hospital pharmacy practice?
8. Draw a typical layout of hospital pharmacy?
9. What is floor space requirement for a hospital pharmacy in a hospital?
10. How is the pharmacist requirement in a hospital calculated based on bed strength?
11. What are the objectives of material management in hospital pharmacy?
12. Define hospital pharmacy?
CHAPTER 3 : The Budget-Preparation and implementation
1. How is the budget prepared in hospital pharmacy?
2. Explain the role of a pharmacist in budget preparation and implementation?
3. Explain about the revenue accounts in the hospital?
4. Explain about the income accounts in the hospital?
5. List of out important parts of a budget.
6. Define hospital budget?
7. What are different sources of income to meet the operating emphasizing in a hospital?
8. Define hospital formulary?
CHAPTER 4 : Hospital drug policy
1. Role and responsibilities of pharmacist in pharmacy and therapeutic committee?
2. What is hospital formulary? Give its guiding principles and contents?
3. Describe the steps involved in the preparation of hospital formulary?
4. Explain in detail the preparation of hospital pharmacy?
5. Explain the function of pharmacy and therapeutic committee?
6. Define hospital formulary? List its objectives?
7. Write the guiding principles involved in the use of hospital formulary?
8. Explain the composition and functions of Institutional Ethics committee?
9. Explain the composition and functions of infection control committee?
10. What is an infectious control programe?
11. What is the role of pharmacist in infectious control committee?
12. What is the role of pharmacist in Institutional ethics committee?
13. What are the benefits of therapeutics guidelines?
14. Explain the process of development of slandered therapeutics guidelines?
15. What are factors affecting the implementation and use of therapeutic guidelines?
16. Explain the members of pharmacy and therapeutic committee?
17. Give the composition of pharmacy and therapeutic committee?
18. Define pharmacy and therapeutic committee?
19. Discuss the role of pharmacy and therapeutic committee in adverse drug reaction?
20. Discuss the role of pharmacy and therapeutic committee in automatic stop order for dangerous drugs?
21. Discuss the role of pharmacy and therapeutic committee in emergency drugs?
22. Discuss the role of pharmacy and therapeutic committee in drug safety?
23. Discuss the role of pharmacy and therapeutic committee in investigational drug use in hospital?
24. Role of pharmacy and therapeutic committee in drug product defect reporting programme?
25. What are the guiding principles involved in the use of hospital pharmacy?
26. What are the advantages and disadvantages of hospital pharmacy?
27. How is the hospital formulary revived?
28. How are the drugs to be addition and deleted in hospital formulary?
29. Define infects control committee?
30. Role of Institution ethics committee in the hospital?
31. Role of infection control committee in hospital?
32. What are therapeutic guidelines?
33. Write the significance of pharmacy and therapeutics committee?
34. Define hospital pharmacy news letter?
35. What are the key parts of the pharmacy bulletin?
36. What are the advantages of a pharmacy bulletin?
37. Write a note on importance of news letter?
38. Write a note on contents and formats of news letter?
CHAPTER 5 : Hospital pharmacy services
1. Explain the role of a pharmacist is the purchase of drugs for a hospital pharmacy?
2. Describe the procedure for purchasing drugs in large hospital?
3. Explain the role of pharmacist in central sterile supply services?
4. What is ideal location for OPD in a hospital? Explain the different types of drug distribution for ambulatory patient?
5. List out the different drug distribution system for IP and explain the merits and demerits of each?
6. What is floor stock distribution of drugs in a hospital?Give its merits and demerits?
7. Classify the methods of drug distribution/ Explain about unit dose drug distribution?
8. Define drug distribution system? Explain in detail about individual prescription order method of distribution with its advantages and disadvantages?
9. Explain the objectives and functions of CSSR in a hospital?
10. Classify various techniques of inventory control? Explain any one?
11. Write note on VED and EOQ in inventory control?
12. Write a note on periodic and perpetual method of inventory?
13. Draw and explain a layout of OPD in a hospital?
14. List out the various inventory control methods and its application in drug store management?
15. Describe the criteria for the distribution of drugs to the emergency wards and to the operation theater?
16. Write the procedure involved in the distribution of controlled drugs in a hospital.
17. What are the control procedure in the hospital for prescribing narcotics and controlled substances?
18. Describe a purchase order form?
19. Draw a sample purchase request form?
20. Write a note on the legal aspects involved in the storage of drugs?
21. Mention the examples the various storage conditions of drugs?
22. With suitable examples mention what is cold storage?
23. Give 4 drugs to be stored at cold temperature?
24. Define inventory control?
25. What are the objectives of inventory control?
26. What is buffer stock and safety stock?
27. What is lead time, internal and external lead time?
28. Give the formula for EOQ?
29. What is re-order level?
30. What is satellite pharmacy?
31. What is bed side pharmacy?
32. What advantages of unit dose dispensing?
33. What are advantages of the drug basket method of distribution?
34. What is envelop method of drug distribution?
35. What is mobile dispensing unit?
36. Define perpetual inventory?
37. Define VED analysis?
38. What are narcotics? Give two examples?
CHAPTER 6 : Manufacture of Pharmaceutical preparations
1. Discuss the composition of total parenteral nutrition?
2. How is TPN is Prepared?
3. Explain the manufactured of large volume parentrals?
4. What are the indication for total parenteral nutrition?
5. List out the essential components of TPN?
6. Classify poweders give 2 examples of each?
7. What is the composition of ORS?
8. Explain the Preparation of dusting powders?
9. Define clean room?
10. How are effervescent granules prepared?
11. Composition and category of DNS?
12. Mention the patients who should not be given TPN?
13. What are the monitoring parameters during administration of total parenteral nutritions?
14. How is TPN administered?
15. What are the requirements for the manufacture of large volume parentrals in a hospital?
16. Advantages of powders over tablets?
17. What are the antimicrobial agents used in large volume parenterals?
18. Mention the different diluents in sterile formulations?
19. What is leakage test?
20. What is pyrogen test?
21. What are the disadvantages of tablets?
22. What are the sealing methods for the ampoules?
23. What are the advantages of capsules?
24. Write a method to identify the presence of pyrogen?
25. List anti-microbial agents in the manufacture of parenteral formulations?
CHAPTER 7 : Continuing professional development programs
1. Write a note on continuing professional development for pharmacist?
2. What is the role of pharmacist in education training of HCP?
3. List out the various methods of CPD and explain in brief about any one method to update the professional knowledge?
4. Role of pharmacist in public awareness of disease prevention?
5. List out the objective of CPD programme?
6. Advantages of CPD programmes?
7. Explain the role of hospital pharmacist in external teaching programs?
CHAPTER 8 : Radio Pharmaceuticals-Handling and packaging
1. Explain the packing of radio pharmaceuticals?
2. What are the techniques to protect against radiations during the manufacture of radio isotopes?
3. Give one method used for the production of radio pharmaceuticals?
4. Discuss the radiation hazards and there preventive majors?
5. What are radio pharmaceuticals give the therapeutic and diagnostic application of radio isotopes?
6. Describe a radio isotope generator?
7. Give 4 examples of radio pharmaceuticals with their uses?
8. Define nuclear pharmacy?
9. How should radio pharmaceuticals be disposed?
10. Define radioactive half life?
11. List of the functions of radio isotope committee?
12. List out the characteristics of Alfa-radiation?
13. What are the benefits of Beta-particles?
14. Define radioactive decay?
CHAPTER 9 : Professional Relations and practices of hospital pharmacist
1. What are the opportunities for professional relations for a pharmacist in a hospital?
2. Explain the guidelines for the exchange of info between pharmacist and nurses?
3. Explain the guidelines for the exchange of info between pharmacist and medical research staff?
4. Explain the guidelines for the exchange of info between pharmacist and local pharmacist?
5. What are the opportunists for hospital pharmacist to improve professional public goodwill?
6. Mention a few of functions of hospital pharmacist in the drug information center?
7. What is role of pharmacist in drug information service?
8. List of the advantages of continuing education program?
9. Mention the benefits of professional relationship with other health care professionals?
10. List out the pharmacist role in infection control?
11. List out the external teaching programs which can be undertaken by a hospital pharmacist?
The following model questions are for the guidance of the candidates and academicians appearing and conducting PharmD exams. The question papers only serve the educational purpose of self evaluation and revision after the respective topic is read and understood. Hope you make the best use of them.