Chapter 1: General Pharmacology
1. Write a note on pharmacodynamic drug interaction.
2. Write a note on pharmacokinetic drug interaction.
3. Write a note on preclinical evaluation
4. Explain Drug tolerance in detail
5. Write a note on drug dependence and explain its mechanism
6. Factors affecting drug actions
7. Write a note on drug interactions.
8. Explain different mechanisms of drug absorption
9. Explain the factors affecting absorption.
10. Explain Phase-I metabolism in detail
11. Explain Phase-II metabolism in detail
12. Explain the factors affecting metabolism of drugs
13. Write different routes of administration along with their merits & demerits
14. Explain the different phases of clinical trials
15. Define bioavailability? Explain the factors affecting bioavailability.
16. Write a note on mechanism of drug action.
17. Write a note on G-protein coupled receptors
18. Write a note on different types of receptors
19. Explain the factors affecting drug action
20. Importance of plasma protein binding
21. Define subacute toxicity with example
22. Give any two examples for acute toxicity
23. Define Prodrug
24. Define First pass effect
25. Define Therapeutic index
26. Define Bioequivalence
27. Explain Child dose calculation
28. Define cross tolerance with example
29. Define iontophoresis and its uses
30. What are the different Source of drugs
31. Define Drug dependence & Drug abuse
32. Explain Tachyphylaxis
33. What are Adverse drug reactions? Give Example.
34. Define Apparent volume of distribution
35. Define Additive effects with examples
36. Define synergistic effects with examples
37. Enlist Cholinergic receptors
38. Define Dose response relationship
39. Merits & Demerits of Intrathecal route of administration
40. Define Competitive antagonism with example
41. Define non-Competitive antagonism with example
42. Define Placebo
43. Merits & Demerits of nasal route of administration
44. Merits & Demerits of sublinguial route of administration
Chapter 2: Drugs acting on ANS
1. Classify adrenergic agonists with suitable examples. Explain the pharmacology of Nor-adrenaline
2. Write the classification of cholinomimietics. Explain the pharmacology of acetylcholine.
3. Explain the pharmacology of adrenergic blockers
4. Classify anticholinergics with examples. Describe the pharmacological actions of atropine.
5. Write a note on adrenergic and cholinergic receptors
6. Explain the Pharmacology Neuromuscular blockers
7. Define ganglionic blockers with examples. Explain their mechanism of action and therapeutic uses.
8. Write a note on antiparkinsonism drugs.
9. Drugs used in Myasthenia gravis
10. Explain the phases of general anaesthesia
11. Explain the pharmacology of nicotine
12. Classify Peripherally acting skeletal muscle relaxants. Explain the pharmacology of D- tubocurarine
13. Write a note on atropine
14. Explain pharmacology of levodopa & carbidopa
15. Write a note on succinylcholine.
16. Dales vasomotor reversal phenomenon
17. Define Mydriatics and give two examples
18. Define miotics and give two examples
19. Mechanism of Pancuronium
20. Mechanism of Organophosphates
21. List of cholinoceptors antaagonists
22. Mechanism of Nicotine
23. Clinical uses of Hyoscine
24. Give four examples for Catecholamines
25. Examples and uses of Anticholienesterases
26. Mechanism of action and uses of Pseudostyigmine
27. Clinical uses of scopolamine
28. Adverse effects and clinical uses of prazocin
Chapter 3: Cardiovascular Acting drugs
1. What are antihypertensive drugs? Classify them with examples. Explain the mechanism of action & therapeutic uses of ACE inhibitors
2. Define CHF. Classify the drugs used for the treatment of CHF. Add a note on digitalis.
3. Classify anti-arrhythmic drugs. Explain membrane stabilizing agents.
4. Classify antianginal drugs. Write the pharmacology of nitrovasodilators
5. Classify hypolipidemic agents. Explain the pharmacology of statins
6. Explain in detail the pharmacology of adrenergic blockers and centrally acting antihypertensives.
7. Explain the mechanism, therapeutic uses & adverse effects of Cholistyramine.
8. Explain the pharmacology of fibrates
9. Discuss the pharmacological actions of digitalis
10. Write a note on calcium channel blockers
11. Explain the pharmacology of atorvastatin
12. Explain the pharmacology of diuretics in the treatment of hypertension
13. Adverse effects of reserpine
14. Two Adverse effects of Quinidine
15. Clinical uses of Simvastatin
16. Mechanism of hydralazine
17. Mechanism of losartan
18. Give 2 examples for beta blockers with intrinsic symapthomimetic activity
19. Clinical uses of Atenolol
20. Give any two examples for cardiotonics
21. Uses and adverse effects of carvedilol
22. Uses and adverse effects of Nifedipine
23. Mechanism of action of Procainamide
24. Two Adverse effects of Quinidine
25. Give examples for Non- selective beta blockers
26. Give 2 examples for proarrythmic drugs
27. Clinical uses and mechanism of niacin
Chapter 4: Drugs acting on CNS
1. Classify narcotic analgesics. Write the pharmacology of morphine
2. Classify anticonvulsants. Write the mechanism of action and pharmacology of phenytoin.
3. Classify NSAIDS. Explain the pharmacology of Aspirin
4. Classify anti-depressants. Write a note on tricyclic antidepressants
5. Classify Hypnotics & Sedatives with examples. Explain the pharmacology of diazepam.
6. Explain different phases of general anaesthesia and Classify general anesthetics with examples
7. Explain the pharmacology of alcohol
8. Classify antipsychotics. Explain the pharmacology of atypical antipsychotics.
9. Explain the mechanism of action and adverse effects of general anaesthetics.
10. Explain the pharmacology of barbiturates
11. Explain the pharmacology of buspirone
12. Explain the pharmacology of tramadol
13. Write pharmacology of carbamazapiene
14. Explain the pharmacology of fluxotine
15. Write a note on monoaminooxidase (MAO) inhibitors
16. Classify local anesthetics. Explain the pharmacology lignocaine.
17. Classify anxiolytics. Explain about phenobarbitone.
18. Mechanism of Disulfiram
19. Two Examples for Cognition enhancers
20. Clinial uses of naltrexone
21. Clinical uses & adverse effects of Fluoxtine
22. Two Clinical uses of Pentibarbitone
23. Two clinical uses of Ethosuccinamide
24. Mechanism of Valproic acid
25. Mechanism of Etoricoxib
26. Calssify Opiod anagonists with example
27. Mechanism of local anaesthetics
28. Two adverse effects of Buspirone
29. Give examples for hallucinogens
30. Give examples for psychoactive drugs
31. Ant two adverse effects of diethyl ether
32. Give examples of typical antipsychotics
33. Any two sideeffcets of haloperidol
Chapter 5: Drugs acting on Respiratory system
1. Write a note on drugs used in the treatment of COPD.
2. Classify the drugs used in the treatment of asthma with examples.
3. Explain the pharmacology of bronchodilators.1. Clinical uses of pseudoephedrine
4. Adverse effects of Guaifenesin
5. Define antitussives with examples
6. Mechanism of action of cromolyn sodium
7. Clinical uses of monteleukast
8. Define Mucolytics. Give any two examples
9. Define Expectorants. Give any two examples
10. Define Nasal Decongestants. Give any two examples
11. Any two adverse effects of Theophylline
12. Any two clinical uses of salbutamol
13. Any two adverse effects of terbutaline
Chapter 6: Hormones & their related drugs
1. Classify oral hypoglycemic agents & explain the pharmacology of metformin.
2. Classify Sulfonyl ureas. Explain their mechanism of action and adverse effects.
3. Classify different types of insulin. Explain its pharmacology.
4. Write a note on antithyroid drugs.
5. Explain the pharmacology of levothyroxine
6. Write a note on Oral Contraceptives.
7. Classify uterine stimulants. Write a note on oxytocin.
8. Explain mechanism, pharmacokinetics and adverse effects of thiazolidenediones
9. Explain the Pharmacological actions of various sex hormones
10. Mechanism of action of radioiodine
11. Define and give two examples for tocolytics
12. Name any two sex hormones and their uses
13. Clinical uses of progesterone
14. Adverse effects of estradiol
15. Mechanism of acarbose
16. Any two adverse effects of insulin therapy
17. Give examples for insulin analogues
18. Adverse effects of meglitinides
Chapter 7: Autocoids
1. Explain the Pharmacology of histamine
2. classify antihistamines with examples and mention their adverse effects.
3. Write a note pharmacology on 5–HT.
4. Write a note on Lipid derived autocoids
5. Write the pharmacological actions of 5HT antagonist
6. Define autocoids. Give any two examples
7. Give examples for Lipid derived autacoids
8. Give physiological significance of autocoids
9. Clinical uses of plate activating factors
10. any two examples for leukotriene blockers
11. Any two Adverse effects of antihistaminic drugs
12. Write any two clinical uses of prostaglandins
13. any two side effects of chlorphenaramine
14. Give any two examples of H1 antihistaminics
15. Clinical uses of H2 antihistaminics
The following model questions are for the guidance of the candidates and academicians appearing and conducting PharmD exams. The question papers only serve the educational purpose of self evaluation and revision after the respective topic is read and understood. Hope you make the best use of them.