Indian Pharm D – No. 1 employer would be Pharmaceutical Industries
I mean at present if you ask me to select a program – for me, in and around, height or depth the first preference is Pharm D.
Many expect the Hospitals or Chain pharmacies (with reasonable pay) in India as the main anticipated employer of Pharm D graduates. And many are afraid that these job sectors are not yet pre-equipped for holding Pharm Ds in India.
I am wondering that the prime (No.1) sectors which need the service of Pharm Ds are the pharmaceutical industries. They make new medicines and they need the professionals first than any other sector. Then the second priority comes to the hospitals of pharmacies where it is used or distributed.
Production is may be one among ten divisions of an industry where Pharm Ds may not be needed. See the other nine where Pharm D is the first choice for an Industry:
1. Clinical Research (for clinical trials – in thousands)
2. Pharmacovigilance (mandatory now for all companies – in thousands)
3. Research & Development (In hundreds)
4. Medical Writing (In hundreds)
5. Product Managers (In hundreds)
6. Regulatory affairs (In hundreds)
7. Correspondents & Trainers (In hundreds)
8. Top level medical representatives (In thousands)
9. Or more is your home work……
Best wishes for a wonderful future